25 February 2009

Snow 9 January 2009


On the 9 January Dani, Oscar and I woke up to snow. (I had never experenced snow in Madrid. The other two times it had snowed in the last 10 years, I had been in Seattle).
We only had an half an inch, so I took the kids to school. After a couple of hours of hard snowfall, I decided to go and get Oscar. I went walking, with the intension of catching the bus back home. We waited for the bus 20 minutes and then after being told the bus service had been cancelled, we walked home. Oscar was a trooper. We passed by Dani´s school and picked him up. Dani didn´t like the snow. He called it dirty. Oscar on the other hand, loved it.
Miguel was due home that day, so his flight was deviated to Sevilla (the airport had shut down for 4 hours). Thank goodness it was Friday and the next day we slept in and enjoyed the snow.






No comments: