16 November 2009

Oscar´s first day of school

Well, Miguel has these photos. I will post it when I get them...
Oscar started school on the 15 September. Thankfully, the cast was off and he had had time to get used to walking again. He was super excited because this year he goes to the big kids school. I wasn´t super excited because it means I have to drop off Oscar and then drive to the other school and drop off Dani. Oh well, I guess I will live. He was excited to see all his friends again. His backpack weighed a ton because he had to bring all his books the first day.

Books in Spain. Don´t you remember the days that we got our books at school, we checked them for problems, covered them with paper and then gave them back at the end of the year. Well, that doesn´t happen here. Here the parents buy the books. Here is how much we paid for books this year.

Dani 150 euros ($225)
Oscar 250 euros ($375)

Yikes. That is a plane ticket somewhere. I couldn´t believe it. Oh, on top of that, we have to cover all the books with plastic. What for?? It isn´t like the siblings are going to use them. They are books/workbooks. Plus, we have to buy supplies (crayons, pencil sharpeners, etc) that we know are going to disappear in the black hole of the classroom.

No comments: